Using a Wedding Planner
It’s the biggest day of your life and you want it to be perfect and memorable. At first glance hiring a wedding planner may seem a little extravagant but in the long term it will save you time, money and of course stress!
So what should you look for? What questions should you ask?
Firstly, do a little research and select the best 2 or 3 that appeal to you. Look at their website; does it have testimonials and photographs? Take a look at their ‘About Us’ tab, this should give you an idea of how long they’ve been a wedding planner and what their previous experience has been. Once you’re happy with what you’ve seen arrange to meet them for coffee or invite them round to meet you and your fiancé at home. This is incredibly important; this person is planning the most important day of your life, you have to get on and feel a synergy between you.
The best wedding planners will listen to what you want your day to be and be able to advise you on a timeline of what should be done when. They’ll work within your budget and will have the best suppliers already on board, giving you peace of mind that you are getting first class value for money.
As you head closer to the main event all you need to do as the bride-to-be is sit back, relax and let your wedding planner do what they do best – plan weddings!
Top five reasons to hire a wedding planner
1. A good wedding planner will be able to chat with you and visualise the day as you have dreamt, it and brings those dreams to reality.
2. They will help you to provide creative, practical and cost effective (where required) ideas and solutions to help realise your special day.
3. As we all know weddings can be a costly affair and the mention of the W word can send your budgets soaring, your WP will be able to keep these in line and help you stay on the straight and narrow.
4. In today’s busy lifestyle planning and preparing for a wedding can take in excess of 250 hours to plan- your wedding planner will be able to save you some of this so that you have time to spend with your loved one!
5. Not only will your wedding planner be there for the build up to the big day, but will also be on hand on the day to make sure everything goes to plan and all the little details are perfect.
Hiring a wedding planner however is not for all couples some have the time, patience and the kind of negotiating skills that would recognise you a job in the U.N when dealing with families, here’s some top tips to help you utilise your own planning skills here are our top tips for planning your wedding
1. Don’t Panic! I know the thought of planning one of the most important days of your life is daunting, but simplify it. Make a list of what you think you want and tackle each item at a time.
2. For expert advice log on to expert wedding websites, you will find all sorts of help from suppliers to locations and the forum is an excellent way to chat to other real brides and discuss your plans.
3. Remember you are the client, do not be pushed into things you don’t want by suppliers, listen to their advice but put your own stamp on what you want it is your day and they want your business.
4. Check out the internet, there are lots of sites to help you and this is a quick and productive way to compare costs, find items and get reviews on suppliers and ideas.
5. Choose your venue wisely there are hundreds out there and they all want you to pick them, so negotiate what you want within the budget you have set, but remain realistic.
6. Keep focused on what you as a couple want for the day. Everyone will have an opinion and they will voice it; but this is your wedding so make sure it is about you and your dreams.
7. Do not let budgets take a nose dive and get out of control set your cost down at the start, be realistic but stick to them, it is easy to get excited and overspend.
8. Choose a theme for your day and work around that, if you do this before you begin buying such things as table décor you will save money in the long run and not end up with a box full of stuff you don’t use.
9. Do not set your heart on the weather, this is the only thing you cannot plan and so don’t let a spot of rain or overcast day ruin the whole thing.
10. Give members the wedding party jobs for the day and things to keep an eye on so you don’t have to. This is your day o you want to be able to relax and enjoy.
Article by Julie of Essentially You