After getting married, some women decide to take their husbands surname, or take it as a double-barrelled surname – original surname and husbands, for example – Mrs Harvey-Smith
Below is a list of some of the places you may need to notify of your change of name.
- Bank and Saving Accounts
- DVLA including Driver’s Licence
- DWP – Social Security
- Club Memberships
- Credit Cards
- Insurance Policies
- Loans including Mortgage Company
- Loyalty Cards
- Medical Records including Doctors and Dentist
- National Insurance and Inland Revenue
- Subscriptions to any magazines etc
- Utility Bills
With so many organisations to contact, below are some links to help you find information on how to change your name with them.